Director at Large
Douglas Robertson is a Director in the Policy Analysis Division at the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
Prior to joining the OCC in 1998, Dr. Robertson was an economist in the Office of Financial Institutions Policy at the Treasury Department and a research associate in the Research Department of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia. He received his Ph.D. and M.A. degrees in economics from the University of Maryland and his B.A. in economics from Grinnell College.
Dr. Robertson’s research interests include operational risk, wealth effects, and methods to assess the economic impact of regulatory changes.
- Working Papers
- Robertson, Douglas (2016). “Managing Operational Risk: Practical Strategies to Identify and Mitigate Operational Risk within Financial Institutions,” New York, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Robertson, Douglas and Ellen Wielezynski (2009). “Alternative Assets and Public Pension Plan Performance,” in State Pension Fund Management: The Challenge of 21st Century Demographics, Aaron Woolner, (ed.), Risk Books, London.
- Robertson, Douglas and William W. Lang (2002). “Analysis of Proposals for a Minimum Subordinated Debt Requirement,” Journal of Economics and Business. Vol 54 (1), Pages 115-136.
- Egland, Kori L., Karen Furst, Daniel E. Nolle, and Douglas D. Robertson (1998). “Banking Over the Internet,” Quarterly Journal, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Vol 17 (4). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=1988194
- Robertson, Douglas (2011). “So THAT’s Operational Risk! (How operational risk in mortgage-backed securities almost destroyed the world’s financial markets and what we can do about it),” OCC Economics Working Paper 2011-1, March 2011.
- Robertson, Douglas (2001). “A Markov View of Bank Consolidation: 1960-2000,” OCC Economics Working Paper 2001-4, September 2001.
- Jim Cambruzzi, Kevin Jacques, Peter Nigro, Bill Pate, Hugh Rich, Doug Robertson, and Art Steele (2000), “Large Bank Retirement Services: A Comparative Practices Study,” OCC Economics Working Paper 2000-2, February 2000.
- Robertson, Douglas (1995), “Are Banks Converging to One Size?” Working Paper 95-29, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, December 1995.